Thursday, September 15, 2011

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Nap


DUDES et DUDETTES. Dead White Guys has won Best Classics Book Blog for 2011! Hugs and rainbow colored unicorns to everyone who voted for DWG. Or, you know...high fives and too-cool-for-school nods in your general direction, if fanciful Lisa Frank animals are not your jam. That's fine. We just can't be friends anymore. I JEST.

Anyway, PLEASE for the love of HOLY HOT PANTS check out my fellow nominees: Allie at A Literary Odyssey  is chronicling her self-education as she reads through All Those Book You're Supposed to Read (but not because someone told her to, just because she's smart and kick-ass). Rebecca Reads is like that genius who says All The Smart Things we mere mortals can never articulate, and is FanFREAKINtastic at pointing out why these books are still relevant. Aaannnddd she's a ginger. I have a thing for gingers. Ok, mostly just Jane from  Mad Men. 

LOOK! Something shiny! *scampers away*

11 comments:

  1. *round of applause* with a bit of headbanging thrown in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Amanda!! Well-deserved. To the other two short-listers, as well. I follow you all and love each of your unique takes on the classics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, all three blogs in this category rock. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! :) You rock, and I wish I could be half as clever as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I think this is one of the best awards given this week.

    I was an English major long ago and love the classics. I took a break from reading many of them for a while but am feeling a pull back their way so I will be slowing down on the reviews of contemporary fiction so I can get back to some long lost friends like Hemingway, Faulkner and more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats! I love that this award category allowed me to find your blog which I am totally digging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous! it is rocking article, thanks for the posting, keep up the exciting stuff. Lovely article....


    Sample Cover Letters

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! Congrats!! You totally deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Amanda! This is very well deserved.

    ReplyDelete