Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm the New Paris Hilton. That's Hot.

Remember that time Paris Hilton did a commercial about running for President...ahh, those were the days.

For those of you visiting from Desert Book Chick, welcome! I had great fun answering Amanda's super-thoughtful questions, even though they took me about a week because they made me use my head piece.  

A little about me: I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather-bound books.



Ah, I love that guy. Anyway, if you're wondering what I classify as a "classic," there's a page at the top bit somewhere under Edgar Allan Poe's head about that exact thing. Also, the post below this is about book snobbery and judging folks by their bookshelves. Do contribute. Or I'll find you.


Readers of regularity! What is all this nonsense, I hear you asking! I did a guest post for Amanda at Desert Book Chick about why the classics make you smarter, why I decided to blog about them, and which ones you should read if you're scared of Charles Dickens. It's fine. He's scary- it's mostly the big sideburns. Anywoot, check out the interview if you've taken your curious pills today, and stick around to check out Amanda's blog. She's a smarty-pants, and this month is her "Help Me Change My Mind About the Classics" month, so..you know. Go help her change her mind.


13 comments:

  1. This interview was very hot! Although it was a bit more intelligent than anything Paris Hilton would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that she introduced me to your blog! I look forward to following your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you are doing Jane Doe. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney- haha, thanks. Not hard, though..

    Molly- Welcome!

    IngridLola- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://thenextbestbookblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/im-prolific.html

    Im sharing an award with you! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another visitor from DBC. Loved the interview --- you rather put mine (coming soon) to shame! I note too - in your What is a classic page - that you use the quote that I love and that I've used in my guest post for DBC! Oh well, LOL, great minds and all that. You have a great blog here - glad I've found it.

    BTW do you offer an email feed subscription (you know via feedburner or somesuch ... RSS doesn't work with my email client)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. TNBBC- super thanks!

    whisperinggumes- uhh..I do now! it's under the RSS feed option thingy to the right

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Jane Doe's blog - which is why I just had to do an interview. I wish I had more time because every single post I read here cracks me up and I could just write reams and reams ...

    Anyway, I'm glad that so many people are heading over to check out a few irreverant Dead White Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was just introduced to your blog and I'm loving it! What a great idea! I am actually embarking on a journey to my PhD in English Lit, leaving my miserable life in advertising. Loved your book snobbery post. One of my besties recently told me that Twilight was the best book she had ever read. I wanted to smack her over the head with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda- loved the interview! I love your whole "classics month" concept.

    Ashley- What a great decision! That sounds like a great blog journey nudge nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it!

    There's an award waiting for you at Kate's Library.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just discovered your blog today. Am seriously enjoying it. I sense many hours of my future being lost to your archives! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete